Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tonight Tonight



Today was the day that I had been waiting for. Not so much, all my life, that would seem a little tragic, but definitely one of those things that ensure I am one step closer to dying happy: I saw Smashing Pumpkins live! (a recap on how I got into them later)

As with Linkin Park, this was at the 02 Arena, and unfortunately, we weren't as close to the front, (but at least there were no neck injuries from sitting at an odd angle!)



They played for just over 2 and a half hours, and 27 songs, covering every album! Understandably, Zeitgeist got the most coverage, but it was nice to hear Drown (from the Singles Soundtrack), and while only 2 Siamese Dream tracks were played, at least one of them was Mayonnaise.

Highlights included Today segueing into Tarantula, and this little tease before 1979




The final encore was to be Cherub Rock, but for whatever reason, it wasn't, and instead a cover of Echo and the Bunnymen's "Lips Like Sugar" was played (with Billy, already looking awkward being so tall and wearing a tinfoil dress, looking even more so with just a microphone!)




Was it worth the wait? Yes. I think so, though I don't think I could possibly say no!

No comments: