Thursday, July 06, 2006

Halfway There

So, now that we are officially halfway through the year, here are the best 5 albums that 2006 has had to offer so far:

5. Feeder - The Singles


Yes, this may seem a bit of a cop out as its a collection rather than new material. But, I hadn'y realised just how good they are until I got this.

4. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I am, thats what i'm not


Well, it had a lot of hype surrounding it...and it lived up to it. By no means a perfect recrod, but a fantastic debut.

3. Lostprophets - Liberation Transmission

When i first listened to it i hated it....true story. But, my word is it a grower. Full of infectious, anthemy songs. Though I fear they may never reach the peak of Start Something.

2. Tool - 10000 Days

The long awaited follow up to 2001's Lateralus. I hadn't honestly listened to them much before this album, but now, I HAVE to hear more.

1. Taking Back Sunday - Louder Now

The years best, and their careers best! Flawless, and evey song could be a single. (and they are amazing live)

No comments: